The event is sold out.
There will NOT be tickets available at the door. A ticket is required for entry.
Not attending? Please consider making a donation to the organizations we are supporting:
ACLU of MD, National Immigration Law Center, Tahirih Justice Center, International Rescue Committee.
Click here to make a donation through our online page. Donations made online and at the event will be matched up to $100,000 by Blown Deadline Productions.
The event will be livestreamed by the Washington Post.
Blown Deadline Productions & Tech Solidarity
Date & Time:
Monday February 13th, 2017
7:00 – 8:30pm
Doors open at 6:15pm
Tickets are required for entry. Please bring your printed ticket with you or be prepared to show it on your phone. A reminder that a very small number of tickets will be released at 4pm tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
About the event:
Baltimoreans united against fear, nativism and the immigration ban will gather on Monday, February 13 at Beth Am Synagogue in Reservoir Hill to hear speakers as varied as Beau Willimon, Deray McKesson, David Simon, Taylor Branch, and others urging religious and racial inclusivity. The program will conclude with singer-songwriter Steve Earle adding his voice and guitar.
Admission is free with a ticket and donation to groups assisting visa holders and refugees: ACLU of MD, National Immigration Law Center, Tahirih Justice Center, and International Rescue Committee.
Donations made through the event’s donation page and at the event will be matched up to $100,000 by Blown Deadline Productions, the Baltimore-based television production company that created The Wire, Treme and Show Me A Hero.
Tech Solidarity works to better connect tech workers with the communities they live in. Our emphasis is on regular in-person meetings, volunteer assistance to organizations serving the vulnerable, and the creative use of labor law in pursuit of an ethical agenda.
- Leana S. Wen, M.D., MSc., FAAEM – Health Commissioner, Baltimore City
- Nancy Kass, ScD – the Phoebe R. Berman Professor of Bioethics and Public Health, in the Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Deputy Director for Public Health in the Berman Institute of Bioethics.
- Marielena Hincapié – Executive Director, National Immigration Law Center
- Ruben Chandrasekar – Executive Director, International Rescue Committee, Maryland
- Kristen Strain – Executive Director, Tahirih Justice Center Baltimore
- Sonia Kumar – Staff Attorney, ACLU of MD